Monday, July 21, 2014

The big family ski trip.

So. Overall--- i have to say it was so great. Because--- hello-- how can being in the mountains and having this beauty to gaze upon every minute of the day not be great? It's nothing short of amazing.  And I actually gazed upon these snowy mountains in the wee hours of the night and this pic is right about sunrise.  
So what happened was... The first morning I woke up I was a little nauseated.  Then smack wham--- it hit me.  Mountain sickness.  Except, dern.  It's been 7 months now and I can't remember if I ever actually proved it.  
But whoooooa did aunt Marsha.  Contrary to popular belief, she didn't "catch what I had ". She came down with the flu.  We thought for a little while she was going to have to get care- flighted home.  Praise the LORD she didn't end up passing all her jewelry on to Lauren like she was talking about doing.  And praise the LORD again that i actually went from laying around all day with oxygen pumping in my face to going down a few slopes the next. it was-- a Christmas miracle! 
Dad is quite a graceful skier. 
Jon and I like to be graceful.  But also. 
F A S T. 
60km/hr.  I was wearing a helmet.  Has to be safer than riding a motorcycle... (an ongoing discussion between marvin and I. ) 
And yes.  Roy skied too! He really improved this time. Relaxed a little.  Had fun.  all the pix including him were on Jon's phone.  Goodness. I love skiing in the snow!
I enjoyed this run a few times.  
Big Al. ;0)
Up to my pelvis in snow. 
So thankful for the chance to ski.  
G learned how to play dominoes while we were there too. He and jubi also enjoyed "trouble". And before it was all said and done they both came down with fever.  Nothing too serious though.  They didn't play in the snow much, but they were troopers.  
Next time we go-- we will definitely drive and I think Gabriel and jubilee will do ski school.  

No comments:

Post a Comment